This helpful Ultimate Town Hall 10 Guide is from BigPapiSolis. A big thanks to you mate!
This guide is aimed at helping those who have decided to make the jump to the dreaded Town Hall 10 and not for those who are questioning whether or not to upgrade. This guide is a matter of personal opinion and preference but hopefully will guide others on their Town Hall 10 journey.
The button has been pressed. TH10 here you come baby! What do I do now while it’s upgrading? The following is a list of what you should do to be Boy Scout ready.
- Plan builders currently working or upgrading to be ready to go once TH finishes.
- Max storages of gold/elixir and rack up some DE.
- Allow collectors to fill. Use farming base if you aren’t in final days of upgrade.
- Stock up on Loot in war CC.
Extra resource tip – If you can raid/time it well. Use a couple builders to start upgrade on gold expense, raid to fill storages, and then cancel upgrades so you get that extra gold at TH10. i.e. seeking air mines. For elixir start a elixir upgrade and cancel it to get half back at TH10.
TH Upgrade Complete
Well now you are the big bad TH10. What do you focus on first with all those resources?
In this game offense >defense but we need those infernos as well so where do I start?
Now it is dependent upon number of builders i.e. using 4 only. Do 2 elixir 2 gold upgrades right off the bat. If you have 5 which you should by TH10 do 3 elixir & 2 gold.
- Lab – This is the key to getting stronger get it started a.s.a.p.!
- Spell Factory – I believe in SF 2nd as it’s only 1 upgrade for 1 extra spell vs 4 for camps.
- Army Camps – Extra 20 spaces make you big and strong like ox!
- DE Drill – some will advocate getting drill for de but you should have 2 lvl 6 already no rush.
- Inferno #1
- Inferno#2 – If you followed preparation instructions you get both infernos right off the bat!
- Wizard Towers
- Clan castle
- Instant upgrades – traps
- Archer Tower
- Air Defense
- Air Sweeper
I recommend getting your Archer Tower and Cannon up to existing Th9 level. 2 extra point defenses add to overall DPS. Here some will advocate holding off on Cannon and Archer Tower and taking Infernos right to level 3. If you want the Inferno challenge that would be up to you! Level 3 Inferno Towers are awesome!
Because of the Tesla’s long upgrading time, you should always use 1 Builder for working on it and just one. This is your core defense, Your base will be much weaker If you upgrading 2 or more Teslas together.
Lab is finished so where to start you ask? Well that depends on you!
How do you play the game?
Are you a farmer or a war monger?
Upgrade the troops in the order that benefit you the most depending on what your goals are for the game. There is no right or wrong here since it is your game. As a big donator in my clan I opted for Wizards as they are #1 requested troop overall for attacks/defense.
My tip here for elixir expenditures is to use war loot to replenish elixir once it is expended on an upgrade and not to use it to reach a certain amount. The worse thing is having to wait on collectors while waiting for enough elixir to raid.
New defenses are built and ready to go. Where do I start upgrading now? I list the defenses in priority of how I feel they should be upgraded matter of opinion assuming all defenses are maxed TH9 lvl.
- Infernos to level 3 – Multi-infernos wreak havoc and strike fear in hearts of attackers.
- Teslas level 8 – 99 Dps x 4 is just hell in a henhouse for P.E.K.K.As in the core.
- 3rd Xbow to level 3. – The range of the xbow and rate of fire are its saving grace.
- Wizard Towers to lvl 8 – Splish Splash barchers be taking a deadly bath by these.
- Mortars – With Wizard Towers, Barching will be difficult.
- Archer Towers – Shoot air and ground
- Cannons – Shoot ground only
- 2 other xbows to lvl 4
- The last Xbow to level 4.
- Air defenses (assuming you already have 4 at lvl 7.)
You must be thinking well this guide is great (or sucks) but how am I going to pay for all this shiz nizzle when all the threads I see are complaining that loot sucks at TH10 omg. Well guess what? It is not that bad!! There I said it. Farming at TH10 is totally doable if you are skilled and farm at the right range:
- Barch – 2 rax barbs 2 rax archers
- Bam – 2 of each
- Bag – 8-12 giants, 8-10 wbs, rest archers/barbs. Throw in wizards for added dps
- Loonion – I farm with 16 loons rest minions. Up your balloon count to core deeper.
League & Trophy Range
Fresh Th10’s – 1800-2200 range. -Use barch and bam as it is the most efficient for garnering resources. As infernos are upgrading you are a TH9 in a th10 body, but now other Th10’s can raid you no penalty at all, don’t want to encroach in their territory just yet. Switch to bag if you are having trouble raiding.
It is good to slide up and down the leagues as you are searching for gold/elixir/de depending on what upgrade you are working towards next. Here are my tips for each resource:
Gold – 1800-2200 and 2600-2900
Elixir – 1800-2400
DE – Crystal 3 & Up – Crystal 1 & Masters 3 preferred.
I have listed a range of 3 leagues as sometimes you have to slide up and down the league depending on what SC Gods are giving you loot wise. If you find a sweet spot ride it out!
The new league bonuses are really good and if you are a good barcher then Masters can be a great place to reside for gold/de as the loot bonus plus any loot raided is awesome.
It takes some time to grow into your TH10 bully form as you upgrade camps, lab, spells. If you upgrade spell factory right off the bat you can really help your clan out by taking out their top th9’s with your 5 spell slot. As you upgrade camps, troops, and freeze spell you can begin putting some dents into the TH10’s you can encounter.
Tip – Know your skills and what you can do to benefit your clan the most in wars!
I hope this helps some of you and relaxes your mind about the upgrade to Th10. I will keep track of this thread and update anything I missed or any helpful advice suggested by others. Congrats on your new TH10 fellow clashers and clash on!