Minions are one of the most popular troop in Clash of Clans. Players usually use Minions for farming with B.A.M and Balloonion strategy. Sometimes, we can also see Clashers use them in Clan Wars.
Minions in Clash of Clans are ranged flying dark troops. They are gargoyles, have two big dark horns, small wings, large hands and sharp claws. Minions are very cheap, fast but quite week. While attacking buidings, Minions puff Dark Elixir from their mouths. As almost flying troops, they can attack both air and ground troops and buildings.
Because Minions can fly, Cannons, Mortars and Grounded X-Bows can’t attack them. And because they are really weak so Air Defenses and Air Bombs and easily remove them (Seeking Air Mines can’t hurt them). Minions have the lowest HP and they can do the least damage per second in game. They have the shortest training time and the least housing space.
- Favorite Target: Any
- Damage Type: Single Target
- Attack Type: Ground and Air.
- Attack Speed: 1s
- Attack Range: 2.75 tile
- Housing Space: 2
- Training Time: 45s
- Movement Speed: 32
||Training Cost (DE)
||Research Cost (DE)
Defense against Minions
- An Air Bomb can do splash damage and wipe out and entire Minion group. It will be helpful If you place Air Bomb next to your Storages.
- Have at least an Air X-Bow. With a single hit, your X-Bow can remove a Minion.
- Always protect your single-target defense buildings like Archer Towers or Air Defenses with at least a Wizards Tower. Wizards Towers can do splash damage on Minions.
- Attackers who use Minions for raiding always try to check your Air Bombs first. Never place all your Air Bombs close together around your base.
- Ask for Minions from your Clan mates for your Clan Castle as the defense troops
Attack with Minions
- Carrying a small number of Minions is always useful while raiding. They will be very useful If there are only ground defense buildings.
- Deploy Minions at a time and far enough from each other to check the Air Bombs.
- Minion are very suited to use for rushing trophies because they are really cheap an take just 2 housing spaces.
- If you use Minions with other flying troops, place Minions in the end, use other troops as the meat shield for Minions.
- Minions are very useful if you want to destroy Air Defense because ADs just can remove a Minion at a time and ADs has a quite slow attack speed.
- And there are a lot of strategies that you can use with Minions. You can see more at: Attack Strategies.
Here are some details and quick tips about Minions for you while playing Clash of Clans. Enjoy!